Summer is almost here, and you know what that means: hotter temperatures, longer days, and plenty of good times in the garden!
During the summertime, the grass in your back garden will enter a period of pronounced, rapid growth. It's important to put in a bit of work beforehand to make sure your lawn is able to take full advantage of the warmer weather!
If you want to get your lawn ready for your summer, follow these tips from the specialists here at Lawn & Weed Expert...
- Keep the lawn clear of debris - gather up any sticks, branches, and anything else that's cluttering up the grass.
- Get rid of any moss and weeds that have appeared recently.
- Mow your lawn weekly. It's OK to leave the mower in the shed during the winter months, but you should be cutting the grass once a week in spring (and be prepared to bump it up to twice a week in summer).
- Fertilise! Lawn & Weed Expert's specially-formulated summer lawn feed is ideal for this: we use a slow-release fertiliser to prevent scorching, along with a broad-spectrum herbicide to keep weeds at bay.
- Water your lawn if necessary. We're already experiencing a fair bit of hot, sunny weather - your lawn ideally needs a drink once or twice a week, so if it's not raining frequently enough, you may have to pick up the slack yourself (see our lawn watering tips).
If you're serious about keeping your grass green and healthy all year round, we strongly recommend that you get in touch with Lawn & Weed Expert - we'll be happy to carry out a FREE lawn survey and put together a bespoke lawn care programme for you.
More Summer Lawn Care Tips >>
Photo from Pixabay