If you've had a tree cut down on your property, maybe because it was ruining the picturesque view from the living room window or maybe it was a little too close to the driveway, chances are that you have now been left with a stump in its place.
For sure this may have removed one problem that you had but it now presents another, what do you do with the stump? Well, if you're stuck scratching your head at what you can possibly do with a tree stump on your lawn, we're here to help!
Read on to find out some creative ways that you can make use out of your tree stump.
Tree Stump Ideas
Instead of leaving your tree stump sticking out like a sore thumb on your property, why not try out some of these creative ways to get a little more use out of it?
- Stump planters - If you have green fingers, one way that you can make use out of an old tree stump is to double it up as a planter. If it has been cut level, the stump offers a flat surface by which you can place your plants onto to create a colourful, vibrant and more natural space on your property.
- Build a fairy garden - If you have children or grandchildren, turning your abandoned tree stump into a fairy garden could be just the thing to grab their attention and get them to spend some time outdoors. Here you can add natural plants and flowers (or fake ones), along with other nifty little accessories such as miniature houses, swings and ponds to create a small space where young kids and dream and fantasise their days away.
- Game board - Another creative way that you can make use out of your tree stump is to turn the top of it into a games board! The best thing about this is the amount of option that you have to choose from. Whether it's chess (for the more sophisticated among us), checkers, noughts and crosses or battleships, you are able to transform your tree stump into your very own game board that you and your young children can spend hours playing with.
- Garden furniture - Looking for more places to relax in your garden? Your tree stump can offer the perfect place! Obviously, depending on the size and width of your stump, with some nifty carving, you can create a comfortable (with a pillow or two) place where you can sit back, wind down and relax with a good book and enjoy the surroundings.
- Sculptures - For the really creative people out there who have the times and skill, why not turn your neglected tree stump into the centrepiece of your garden by sculpting a beautiful piece of garden decor? Here you can let your imagination run wild as you turn your old, tired tree stump into something truly magical that is guaranteed to catch the eye of any guest or visitor.
- Birdbath - Similar to the stump planters idea, if you're an avid bird watcher and have a soft spot for our winged friends, why not use the top of your tree stump to house a birdbath that keeps your local garden birds well-hydrated during their daily excursions.
These are just a few ideas that you can use to make the most out of the tree stump that is left on your property after your tree has been cut down. Alternatively, if none of these ideas are of interest to you, you do have the option of removing the stump altogether. Here, you have two options to choose from. The first is to get the stump and its roots removed entirely, which usually consists of a Bobcat and a lot of mess. The other option is to grind down the stump until it is completely gone but the roots are left to decompose on their own.
Stump grinding is often the more popular choice amongst homeowners as it is far less complicated and messy and can be done with minimal fuss. The team here at Lawn & Weed Expert can provide a professional and effective tree stump removal service that guarantees your stump is removed quickly and efficiently.
Our Stump Grinding Service Contact Lawn & Weed Expert
Don't miss an update - be sure to follow Lawn & Weed Expert on Facebook and Twitter!