Marketing tips to help you turn your fledgling lawn care business into a huge success!
Are you ready to turn your passion for lawn care into a lucrative business and leave your dull desk job behind? You couldn't have picked a better time! The demand for ground workers and lawn care specialists is set to increase by up to 20% over the coming years, so there's plenty of room from new emerging lawn care businesses to enter the market.
Managing and marketing a business requires an understanding of some key principles, such as:
- What your business's goal is
- Who your target audience are
- Where you've got the best chance of reaching them
Setting up and growing a successful business might seem like an impossible challenge if you've no experience of entrepreneurship. But don't worry - here at Lawn & Weed Expert, we've helped lots of people to build and develop their own lawn care franchises into well-established, successful businesses. So we've got lots of lawn care business tips to help you on your way to success!
Tips for Growing Your Lawn Care Business:
- Measure your business's performance - Our first piece of advice will help you keep your growing lawn care business on track at all times. Setting your initial business goals is a vital step, but making sure you're meeting them is equally important! Measuring your business progression will highlight areas that need improvement, reassure you that your lawn care business is moving in the right direction at all times, and allow you to spot and resolve any problems quickly!
- Learn and adapt - Continuously measuring the success of your lawn care business is one thing, but adjusting your business strategy in response to your findings is what will really make your business grow. In addition to your monthly / quarterly / annual performance data, be conscious of changing seasons and trends, as these factors are likely to impact the number and type of customers who'll require your lawn care services. If you continually tweak your business to meet current demand, you'll always be one step ahead of the competition. Never become complacent with the business you're operating - there is always room for growth and improvement!
- Employ a trustworthy team - In the initial stages, you might choose to take on all responsibilities yourself: lawn care treatments, accounts, administration, marketing, and everything else that comes with running a business on your own. To help your business grow, however, you might want to employ others to help with different tasks further down the line. Be sure to employ people whom you can trust to provide a high-quality service to your new client base and keep things running smoothly.
- Client influence - One of the easiest ways to attract new customers is to ask existing customers to leave you a nice review, recommend your business to a friend, or come back for additional lawn care treatments in the future. You could offer loyalty rewards for repeat customers or deals for those who 'refer a friend' to expand your client base rapidly. In this day and age, it's very rare that people make a purchase or use a service without reading a few reviews first, so don't be afraid to ask your clients for Facebook, Google or Trustpilot reviews too.
If you are interested in starting a lawn care business of your own, Lawn & Weed Expert can provide training and support to help you get off the ground. We'll even help you get to grips with the marketing side of things!
Start Your Own Lawn Care Business Today >