Lawn maintenance can be a chore - and it's a chore that many people simply don't bother with. Goodness knows how many perfectly lovely gardens have become unsightly and overgrown because their owners didn't look after them properly!
Of course, you don't necessarily have to do all the work yourself. Companies like Lawn & Weed Expert will do virtually everything for you: we can kill weeds, apply fertiliser, aerate the soil, clear away moss and thatch, and so forth, saving you a lot of time and hard graft.
But is that the only reason to hire a lawn care specialist - to save time? Or are there other benefits that you won't get if you attempt to tackle the lawn care checklist yourself?
Benefits of doing it yourself
Reluctant to pay for a professional lawn care service? Here are some of the advantages of leaving the phone on the hook, rolling up your sleeves and going it alone:
- Save money - If you know what you're doing, you may well be able to keep your lawn healthy without paying for expert assistance. This could be the right choice for you if money is tight...but bear in mind that you may need to purchase certain lawn care tools in order to get the job done properly.
- Fresh air and exercise - Lawn care is hard work, but hey, hard work has its benefits! You'll get plenty of fresh air and vitamin D while you're out in the garden, and sprucing up your lawn is a good way to work up a sweat and burn a few calories.
- No fear of getting fleeced - The problem with hiring someone is that it can sometimes be difficult to tell an honest professional from a cowboy. It's important to do your research before picking up the phone, but if you'd prefer not to take any chances, you can always buy the equipment and do it yourself.
Benefits of using a lawn care service
While hiring a lawn maintenance expert may be costly at first, that initial investment may well pay for itself in the long run.
- Professional equipment - A lawn care pro is likely to have access to high-quality equipment that will leave the contents of your garden shed in the shade. For example, here at Lawn & Weed Expert we use professional grass aeration machines and powered scarification tools (not to mention our specialist lawn feed products, which you'd struggle to find at your local supermarket).
- Experience and expertise - There are lots of mistakes you can make if you've never worked on a lawn before. Fertiliser burn, for example, is a common consequence of amateur lawn feeding; if you want to avoid damaging your grass, it may be a good idea to call in a seasoned lawn specialist.
- Save time - Finally, as we've already discussed, contracting your lawn's maintenance to a professional will save you a good deal of time and effort. If your time is precious, a lawn care service is probably the right choice for you.
If you'd like the Lawn & Weed Expert team to take care of your lawn for you, please give us a call on 0800 111 4958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book your FREE lawn care survey
Photo from Pixabay